Sunday, April 1, 2012

A trip to Helsinki / 1st entry

This being the first entry of my blog I'd first like to shortly introduce myself and what this blog is going to be about.
I'm 19 years old high school student currently living in Finland. I go to an international school and will hopefully graduate this year in July. I've previously gone to a girls only high school in the southern Japan and came back to Finland 3 months after the big eathquake in 2011. I'm more or less fluent in English, Japanese and Finnish. I've also studied Swedish and German, additionally I can read some Chinese. I wish to study languages after graduating from high school. I've currently applied to study in England, Scotland and Japan.
This blog is mainly going to be about style, my life and other interests. I'm inspired by gyaru-style, but also by some other styles. As such, I don't consider myself as 'gyaru'- only, just inspired by it. I play a Japanese instument called tsugaru shamisen (津軽三味線) and I'm interested in different kinds of music. On my freetime I enjoy watching movies, doing some sports, reading etc. My blog entries will be written in English, but may sometimes include parts in other languages/ short translations if I feel like writing one. Please comment and feel free to ask anything you want to know.


Last weekend me and my sister took the train to Helsinki and went to do some shopping (+ sightseeing). We also realized that one simply can't do so much in one day, so next time at least I will definitely stay for the night. In the end we only visited the Helsinki Cathedral and one art museum. Besides that we tried to find the most interesting shops, and I was happy to find out that there certainly was more variation than in Turku. Even so I would've loved to see some more of the city as I don't know Helsinki that well. Luckily people were very helpful and told us how to find the placed we wanted to see. I also found the book "Howl's Moving Castle", which I've wanted to read for sometime, as one of my favourite movies is based on the book.


I've been drooling over some Micmac bags earlier, mainly because of these cupcake accessorises. I didn't like the design of the bags that much, which is why I haven't bough one, while I have been interested in getting one of the cupcake keychains. When I accidentally walked into this store I was more happy and had to really think what to buy (as I could've ended up buying all the different colour variations). I didn't even know they sold these separately! I decided on the pink necklace and blue keychain ones. I almost bought more, but figured out that the shop won't run away and I can easily get there some other time, even though I don't live that nearby. Can't wait to wear them. I also bough a shirt from gina tricot, but I'll include a picture when I actually get to wear it.
I was slightly dissapointed that I couldn't find any nice shoes or more clothes for summer, but I guess I can as well order some when ordering my hair extensions.

On our way back I realized that I won't see the cherry blossoms this year in April as I did last year. It's really a shame as that's the sign of spring and I'm already sort of in a 'spring mood' though there is still some snow on the ground. Because of this I decided to choose my second most 'spring mood' yukata and look at some old pictures. I also wanted to wear the hair accessorises I got when I was a kimono model for one commercial. I must admit that the hairdresser knew how to use them much better than I do! The picture on right is from Kagoshima-ken and taken somewhere in March/ April last year. Back then we had a flower-watching picnic in the evening and during daytime, called ohanami.
This is all for today as it's already way past midnight. I'll try to update every now and then, at least a few times every month.
去年のお花見の写真です。最初は鹿児島県の旅行に行って、福岡帰って、ちょうど鹿児島と福岡の桜が見たんです。今年はフィンランドで、桜が見えないんですが、それでももうそろそろ春というきになります。こちはまだ雪が溜まってるんだけどね。まー、夏に日本に行けるからお楽しみ、桜が見えなくても今年はお祭りとか見たいんです。

No comments:

Post a Comment