Friday, April 6, 2012

New contact lenses


The contact lenses I ordered arrived yesterday! What I ordered was Princess Mimi Chocolate Brown lenses from Shoppingholics.com. They were packed very nicely and were as I had expected. They arrived in about one week (weekend included). The picture above shows the package, including the lenses, a case, 'Thank you' - card and some extras. The free gifts I got were a collagen eye mask and sort of a paper that keeps your hair in place while for example applying make up. I might post a review of those later, when I have time to try them on.



Here's the case, it's like a yellow bear I think. Last time I got a pink elephant one. The lenses were in the present-package. I love the cases one gets here, they're so cute!


So here are the lenses. I have bad eyesight so I need corrective lenses. I must say that they were almost as good as the ones I get from the optician, so no problem there. I have different correction to both eyes and it wasn't a problem to get different ones which I really appreciated (sometimes you must buy a pair of similar ones, which is bad for me). They also had the GEO-authenticity mark, meaning that they actually were their product and not some copy. 


So here's me with the lenses on. I think the colour was nice and it covered my own eye colour perfectly. They also made my eyes to appear larger. At first they weren't so comfortable to wear, but after changing the position slightly they were ok. The contacts give sort of dolly eyes, but they look quite unnatural. It took sometime for me to get used to looking at my own mirror image. Whatsoever, I like them a lot and would recommend for anyone who likes this sort of a look.


I apologize for the bad quality, but here's a picture of my overall outfit. The t-shirt is from Gina tricot, leopard print one from Spiritstore and shorts are 'Madonna'. The cross-necklace is from a store I can't recall just now. I liked the t-shirt very much as it wasn't the usual skull-shirt you might have, this one features birds and then a bird skull, so I found it a bit different. Now I just wish the snow would go away and I could actually wear this outside.
And some general updates, I started a part-time job, which I quit immediately as it was simply impossible to do. I was supposed to deliver commercial papers, which should've taken about 2 hours. Well I worked for over 9 hours with no breaks and in the end I had to ask a friend to borrow me a car so that I could finish it. Seriously I don't know how one was supposed to do that. What a rip off I'd say. Now I need to look for another job, but anything else is going to be better, this one was physically impossible to do.
And tomorrow I'm going to a gig with a friend, I'll post something about it next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment