Saturday, April 14, 2012

Shopping & trade fair

Today we went to a trade fair called 'Naisday' (pronounced as 'niceday' lit. 'women's day') in Turku. The expo featured companies offering their products and services especially for women, such as accessorizes, fashion, sports, nail art, make up, massage, just to mention a few. I was (as always) most interested in the accessorises, and this time also some of the nail products, though I didn't end up buying any of those. It was very interesting as the companies present weren't the most popular ones you see in every shopping mall and I got to know some interesting brands I had never heard of before.


As an example I'd like to especially mention this brand, called Mazu. It's a Finnish brand creating jewelry from pearls and semiprecious stones. I think the products were very cute, they had different colours from pink to black and the design was very pleasant. 


So this is what I bought, it was quite expensive, but I really loved the design and the colours. They would've had a necklace with similar design that would've been perfect with this, but I had already spent some money, so maybe next time then. Whatsoever, I'm very happy with this bracelet.


I've been obsessed with Claddagh-rings since watching Vampire Slayer Buffy some years ago. I've had a normal silver one for probably 4 years and today I bought this red one, as I'd like to wear a prettier one for my graduation in July. I basically wear the plain one everyday, so I guess this will be a 'special event' one. This one was bought from a company called Kelttikorut, they also had a stall at today's expo. 



My clip-on hair extensions arrived last week, so I'll include a picture here (sorry for the crappy quality, it was windy, rainy and I only had a pocket camera). They didn't quite match my own hair colour, which first worried me, but in the end I was very satisfied as I it actually looked quite nice with some different shades. 


This was seriously the news of the week, An Cafe is making a come back! This was announced on April 1st (and was not a joke). I've never been a head over heels fan of them, but their music is still quite entertaining. I find their music very positive and Miku (vocals) has nice, sort of softer voice that fits their style well. The picture above features my An Cafe collection; their oldest album 色彩モーメント(Shikisai moment), 極魂Rock Cafe (Gokutama Rock Cafe) and BB パラレルワールド (BB Parallel World). I'm looking forward to their new songs and wish that they'd start touring too. 

I'm going to London on April 17th and will be back by 22nd. There will most likely be no updates during that time, but after that yes. I hope I'll be able to meet some friends studying in the UK at the moment. I might also visit the Universities I got an offer from, we'll see. Unfortunately my final exams are getting closer and closer (starting May 3rd with SL Math), so I must study even during the trip. Well anyway, Camden Town, here I come!



No comments:

Post a Comment